Friday, August 15, 2014

Feminism.

As everyone else, I have some figures, role models, whatever you call them. People that I look up to and secretly wish that I'd be as captivating as them.

Celia Rowlson-Hall makes film, is a choreographer and she did THIS. There is so much feminism in her moves - her slender body like twigs but powerful and ethereal, her smile is at once innocent and cheeky twice as much. She is a chameleon - if you take a look at her videos - many different films she has played and graced. I feel for her - being an artist - a performer - yet with a shell that is completely beautiful for the soul but inadequate of the society's figure. To walk past such narrow gate is not easy, I am still trying to, and there she is, inspired me by her energy and passion heated on every little shift of her muscle.


And Quentin Jones. Oh she is gorgeous. She is eclectic and eccentric. There can't be good rationale about her works, but they speak to me of feminism, of womanly thoughts, of intangible feels I feel, lift me up from my shell - of being labelled always as a cute little girl - to high grounds where I stand as an evolving unsettling young woman.
Watch this.


And me. Girl. Woman. Girl. Woman. Small and cute. Frail twigs. I think the shell and the soul have a pretty complicated relationship, it is quite fascinating to watch how they get along amidst the unsettling demand/supply/expectation/reality/boundary/liberation mess. 

My photos. The projections of myself. My manipulation.

I don't know what I'd do with myself and with my art, but right now I am feeling charged by these women whose works are so sensuous and strong. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a few words?