Saturday, August 23, 2014

A week of gratitude.



So, my friend Tiny Pochi nominated me for a little social experiment - to list three happy thoughts for seven consecutive days. I sometimes practice these small 'exercises' to fill my brain with positivity too, but 100happydays is rather lengthy for my short-attention span. So I am very content with this 7-day of gratitude - just enough an amount to make you feel good and not yet to be bored.

It happened to fall inline with my short retreat to Melaka - hence to read these again bring out the best memories. Sometimes I had to write more than 3 - so many things to be grateful about whenever I travel.

I don't like the contagiousness of social media chains so I didn't nominate anyone nor publish my thoughts. These are really pages ripped off from a diary, only a positive and cheerful one. But I will share some here, to show Tiny Pochi what a nice little thing she has inflected on me, and to spread out positive thoughts rather than being home alone and sulky on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

8.8.2014

1. To be able to have dinner with a bunch, sharing stories from all corners of the world over good food, and without the disruption of smart phones.

2. First time ever, I went for a full match, with team mates to cheer when we scored, with the fellas being so encouraging and supportive despite my total lack of experience and eye-hand coordination for frisbee.

3. To make someone feel a bit better simply by accompanying her for lunch.

4. To communicate with someone not verbally but expressively: I collaborated with Gary on ink/string improvisation - where I drew upon hearing his tunes. He has got to be the best guitarist I've known personally.

9.8.2014

I had so much fun and form new connections that made me forget about the internet (and work too..) for a while. When you have the least expectation and approach matters with an open heart, what you get back is beyond words.

I drew a tattoo design for Teresa while she slowly unfolded her stories. She is so genuine and sweet I couldn't help grinning at her every time our eyes meet.

10.8.2014

1. Rose up early and went for a run along Melaka river. Greeted "Morning!" to almost everyone I passed by, unexpectedly got chased by a fierce monkey and ended up in a construction site - so awkward.

2. Finding solace for myself at night time by the bridge.

3. Indian feast with the gang. Best bunch I ever met on my travel. Saw Maria entering the conversation, slowly we opened up to her and she to us. Tremendous thanks to Gary - the class clown, bonding agent, performer, my labrador puppy!






Things will start to get better if you are filled with positive thoughts, and not taking yourself for granted. I am still slowly learning how to appreciate myself better, and not to worry too much. There's always a little battle between the Me+ and Me-, but every particle of myself is feeling thankful at this very moment.

"Everything is going to be okay because where I am right now is exactly where I need to be."






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a few words?